Wednesday, March 16, 2011

30 Day Blog Challenge: Day 16

A picture of a person who inspires you -

Well, this one was easy.
My mom and I are so close!
Obviously she inspires me just by being a great mom, but there's more to her story than that.

This is my moms story
My moms story starts out like many.
She had a brother and a sister, a mom and a dad.
Her story changes gears quickly though.
Her mother was diagnosed with an illness and her father had a drinking problem.
My moms younger sister was put up for adoption.
Her parents got a divorce while her mom was in a hospital for her illness.
Her father remarried, but my mom was sent to live with her aunt and uncle.

That's her, third from the left.

When she was 17 years old, her father passed away.
She and her sister found each other in their late teens {Her sister was actually friends with my moms cousin and saw a picture of herself.  That's how she found out they were related.  Small world!}

This is just the quick version of her story.
Quite a few crazy situations have happened since then.
She had such a crazy life, but worked so hard to make sure my brothers and I had an amazing life.
My mom barely had anything and I complain over not having enough makeup?!
My mom overcame so much and instead of using her past as an excuse, she uses it as a reminder.
I'm sure I'll be a good mom if I just follow pretty much everything she did.


And now she's the best grandma in the world too!

I love my mom so much and want to be just like her.
I'm in luck, I'm already like her in so many ways!
Love you mom! {Because I know you're reading this :)}

No comments:

Post a Comment