Thursday, January 12, 2012

Awakening

Hi friends!
2012 has already brought some amazing news that I can't wait to share with you...soon!
It also has challenged me physically, spiritually, and mentally.
Only two weeks into the new year and I feel like a new person!
10 pounds lighter, stronger, more motivated than I've ever been.
Learning more about relationships.
Finally realizing that guys and girls can't be "best friends".
It doesn't work.
I don't care who you are or how many guy friends you've had.
Someone inevitably gets hurt.

Amen Dave!

I've had so many guy friends in my life and I always defended the theory that guys and girls are capable of being good friends.
Now, don't get me wrong, I do believe that a guy and a girl can be friends and maintain just a friendship with no drama, under a few conditions:

- They don't spend copious amounts of hours alone together.
- They aren't each others emotional rocks or "counselors" as I like to call them.
- It really helps if the guy doesn't treat the girl like they are dating {i.e. texting just to say "good morning" or "I miss you and really want to see you soon"}.  There is a HUGE difference between being a supportive friend and leading a girl on.
- It's not all on the guys though.  Girls, don't take everything he says to heart.  I do think guys need to be more careful in what they say to girls, but sometimes girls misinterpret, "You look nice today" as, "You're so hot and I want to marry you and have babies with you and grow old with you."  

Yes, I am guilty of this, like all girls.
A guy once told me, "Lindsey, you're not like other girls.  You're so chill, awesome and funny.  That's why I like being around you"
He might as well have proposed to me right then and there!
Don't act like you haven't done that too, ok?!
I do have some great guy friends that I love, but the difference is we don't spend much time alone and we don't cross boundaries that would make the other one think we are interested.


Guy/girl relationships are so hard to navigate and you don't have to agree with me on everything or anything I said.
These are just some things I personally believe and do that help a lot.
Let me know what you think on the subject!
Have a great Thursday!

XOXO

4 comments:

  1. OMg that video is so revealing...Lindsey, how and when did you get so smart!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that video! And this whole post is true. So funny how much girls read into things and how little boys seem to. :)

    ReplyDelete