Thursday, March 1, 2012

Awkward and Awesome Thursday!

It's that time again, folks!
A&A is always one of my favorite posts of the week {also one of my favorite bands...Angels&Airwaves!}
I am so incredibly looking forward to the weekend.
I'm seeing my dear friend, Shalie, on Saturday.
We talked about possibly going to a winery or getting brunch at this adorable tea room.
We always end up spending way too much money when we're together...and I love it!
Well, anyways, it's time for some awkward and awesome!

Awkward:
- I started watching the show Parenthood on Monday the 20th...I watched two whole seasons and am on episode 7 of season 3 right now.  I know what you're thinking, "Geez girl, get a life!"  Well, I'm trying, but right now my life consists of work and working out.  But Parenthood is an amazing show!  If you're not watching it, I recommend you start.  Now!
- Giving up desserts for Lent.  This could be more appropriately filed under the "torture" category, but awkward is close enough.  It's actually a really good idea because I needed a little sugar detox.  Working at a bakery I am constantly baking cookies, muffins, cakes, making truffles and fruit tarts...this would inevitably lead to me eating a reject cookie {or a few} or having cake tops or a truffle.  It became a daily routine to have sweets when it should be a treat every now and then.  So, after 40 days of no desserts I am hoping to break the habit and only enjoy sweets when necessary {like, say, every other day!}

Awesome:
- The Oscars!  I loved watching The Oscars this year.  Even though I had never seen Hugo or The Artist {which won almost everything!} I loved looking at all the dresses, listening to the aspiring speeches, and watching Sacha Baron Cohen dump "ashes" on Ryan Seacrest.  Especially that last part!
- It was so warm outside today.  I LOVE Summers and I am so excited to lay out at the pool, have bonfires, go to the beach, and watch some of my awesome friends get married! :)
- My new Zensah Compression Sleeves {Found Here!}.  I put them on at night after a workout or being on my feet all day at work.  They are great for increasing circulation and totally soothes my sore calves.  Since I've been working out almost everyday, my legs have gotten so tight and sore and I have been getting shin splints as well.  I know that stretching and doing yoga will help with the tightness and soreness, but these sleeves are just great for a quick fix at night when my legs are in pain.  If you've been thinking about getting some, you definitely should!  And no, Zensah isn't sponsoring this post, but maybe they should be... ;)

Ok, well, I think it's time for bed.
But you know what I'm really going to do...watch more Parenthood!

XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment