Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Tattoos: Skanky Vs. Sexy

I have heard a lot of different opinions about girls with tattoos.
Some people say they're pretty darn slutty, while other say they can be beautiful.
Well, I happen to think it's just the tattoo itself and the placement that can make it somewhat inappropriate.
I've been wanting a tattoo for a while now and I recently have been finding so many gorgeous ideas.
Some of these pictures are of huge tattoos, which I love, but probably won't get for a few different reasons.
However, I am pretty sure I will be getting a few smaller ones!
Here are a few of the inspirations I've found...


If I were really gutsy, I would go for this.
I'm in love with the detail and shadowing.


This lacey look is so so pretty!
I'm trying to think of a more delicate placement for it because I'm in love with the idea, but don't want it all over my arm.
But I love how even if a sleeveless dress is worn it is still pretty.


Yes, I know a little cross tattoo is cliche'.
But I love the placement of this one.
I think the inside of the ankle is such a pretty spot and it's small enough that if it hurts like crazy I can pull myself together for long enough to at least get that tiny of a tattoo!
I'm also in love with this girls blog and style.

Another tattoo idea I'm loving is something along the lines of "beauty for ashes."
This song has a line that says, "I'll trade these ashes in for beauty" and that's exactly what I've done.


I am contemplating just the phrase Beauty For Ashes written in cursivey letters on my side {rib cage} or perhaps something more elaborate.
The verse Isaiah 61:3 has a part that says, "To give them a crown of beauty for ashes, the oil of joy instead of mourning, the garment of praise instead of despair."
Well...maybe I'll just keep it short! haha
Just a good reminder of how far God has brought me.
There's my little sermon mixed into my post. ;)
That's just something that's been on my mind lately.
I hope you all had a wonderful Wednesday and a fantastic almost weekend!

XOXO

2 comments:

  1. 1. Listen to Beauty for Ashes by Shane and Shane. I think it's on their Upstairs album... It's pretty much just Isaiah 61:3

    Also--- I knew a girl with "Beauty for Ashes" on her ribcage. It was so legit. I vote that. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll warn you about rib cage tattoos - it's one of the most painful places to get one! If you really want your first tattoo placed there, the smaller the better...

    ReplyDelete