Monday, April 15, 2013

Dove Does It Again

You know those Dove commercials that make you tear up a little bit?
Or maybe that's just me...
This video was beautiful.
As someone who constantly berates myself based on physical beauty, these kind of videos really speak to me.


Women are way too hard on themselves.
I can look at a woman and think, "She's skinny, she has perfect teeth, nice hair, and nice features.  She must be super confident."
In reality, most women have something they don't like about themselves.
I wonder what society would be like if a healthy body image was celebrated instead of looked at as not good enough.
Pathetic.
I love what Kate Winslet has to say on this issue...


Simply beautiful.

And as I write this, eating a donut and wishing I was thinner simultaneously, I choose to embrace the things I love about myself.
I am a kind, funny, genuine person.
I strive to be more assertive, independent, and live life to the fullest.
I work out 5 days a week, but sometimes I eat like I work out 5 hours a day.
I'm not perfect, my body isn't perfect, but perfection is boring.


Just some food for thought, loves!
Hope your Monday is magnificent!

XOXO

1 comment: