Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Happy New Year!

I'm sure most of you agree that the New Year brings about the anticipation of new goals, new hope, and new beginnings.
A clean slate, if you will.
This is why everyone makes resolutions, which usually last maybe a week...
This year, instead of making New Year Resolutions, I'm making Life Resolutions.
Sure, I can say I want to blog more, lose weight, and drink 8 Nalgene's full of water a day {seems excessive, but you know what I mean}.
But when I think about what's really important in life, I'm more motivated to be happy, work hard, and...yes, lose weight, that's still important. ;)
Instead of putting a year long time frame on my goals, I just want to strive to be a better person.
I want to learn something new everyday.
I want to challenge and push myself in ways that might be exciting or scary.
It's not always the biggest successes in life that define us; sometimes it's the little, almost unnoticeable moments, that can change us.
I'll be honest, 2013 wasn't my favorite year.
There were some awesome times...


^^Visiting friends in Nashville^^


^^Being in my high school bestie's wedding in Oklahoma after not seeing each other for 6 years^^


^^Visiting California for my cousins wedding^^

To be honest though, I had some of the crappiest times in 2013, as well.
I had some heart ache.
I had to cut people out of my life.
I made the decision to move back home and leave all of my friends on the opposite side of the country.
This past year had so many twists and turns I felt like I was getting whiplash.
I think a lot of you can relate to that.
No one is void of disappointment or hurt.
That's what I love about the New Year, the new beginning.
Knowing that no matter what happens in the next year, you have the power to create wonderful moments and face the hard times head on with hope.

Here's to a happy and healthy 2014!!

XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment