Saturday, April 12, 2014

I'm Back & Sephora Products

Wow, it's been a while!
I've been M.I.A. because my computer decided to crap out on me and I had to send it away to California to be fixed.
The good news is Apple quoted me a price to fix the screen and they ended up fixing multiple things for that exact price!
I feel like I have a brand new computer.
So shout out to the Anchorage Apple store at 5th Ave...you guys are awesome!
Also, there's a really cute guy that works there so if you see me lurking around the store more than usual...that's why.
Anyways, just a quick little update to let you know what's been going on and then I'll jump into a little overview of some of my favorite products at Sephora so far!

I've still been hitting the gym pretty regularly.
Since September, I've lost almost 20 pounds.
I am still trying to lose about 50 more by this September which means I am clearly behind, but it's still totally doable.
One reason I am really wanting to hit my goal by the end of the year is because my best friend since I was 15 got engaged and I will be her maid of honor!!


I legit stole this pic right off of her Facebook page.
Her soon-to-be sister-in-law took it.
They're in Puerto Rico!

Her fiance told me he was going to propose about a week before and I am so excited for them!
I feel beyond honored to be a part of their special day.
It will be such a fun time and I want to look my best and feel my best as I stand by her side!
Plus, it's in Texas and if I could meet some hot cowboy and move there, I'd be a happy girl. ;)

Now for a few skin products that I have been loving from Sephora!

1. Fresh Seaberry Face Oil

As someone with oily skin, it was hard for me to get on the face oil train, but good oil cuts bad oil and actually helps my skin to be less oily!
I know, crazy and hard to believe.
It's true though.
The creator of this oil was badly burned as a child by a pot of boiling water and he later learned that the doctor used seaberry oil to heal the burns.
Ever since I heard that I have been using this oil on my acne scars, scars on my legs, and some newer blisters that have healed, all in hopes of diminishing their appearance and having more radiant and beautiful skin.
This oil also contains omegas 3, 6, 7, & 9 which softens, improves elasticity, soothes, enhances the skin's healing process...basically it does everything.

2. Fresh Black Tea Age-Delay Eye Concentrate
Yes, another Fresh product.
Love this line!
A lot of people look at the price of this {$85!} and put it back faster than you can say, "I'm not crazy enough to spend that much money on an eye cream, thank you very much!"
I guess they wouldn't be able to say that very fast, but the point is, the price freaks people out.
What a lot of them don't realize is that this is a concentrate, meaning you need a minuscule amount to use on both eyes.
It's perfect for younger people or people who don't have very aged skin because it prevents signs of aging, moisturizes, and firms the eye area.
I don't have dark circles or puffiness under my eyes, but this product is also really great for those.
Since I'm 26, I needed to get in the habit of using an eye cream and this one is amazing.

3. Kate Somerville Dermal Quench Liquid Lift Advanced Wrinkle Treatment


Again, I may not have wrinkles quite yet, but this product is life changing!
I use this on my clean face before any other products.
It quickly sinks into my skin and provides an intense hydration without an oily or heavy feeling at all.
For someone with wrinkles, this would dramatically smooth and soften them.
I was trained last week by a Kate Somerville representative and she told me this isn't meant to replace your other products, but to enhance them.
My face has been so incredibly soft, hydrated, and glowy lately and I believe it's because of this!

I'll be back to review some more products soon.
These are just a few that came to me off the top of my head because I love them so much!
I am still loving working at Sephora.
Everyone is so awesome and I quickly became part of the group.
It wasn't like other jobs I've had where I felt like an outsider for a long time before I was accepted.
The team is fun and sassy so we get along!
I'm off to bed now, but you will be hearing from me again soon!
XO

No comments:

Post a Comment