Monday, March 24, 2014

First Week of Work at Sephora!

This past week was training for my new job at Sephora!
I had a lot of fun, everyone was super nice, and I played with a lot of products.
What could be better?
Last night I went to a color clinic where some of my coworkers are training to get certified to become makeup artists.
I got to be one of the "models" and this is was the look she came up with.


I loved it!!
The artist wanted to create a sunset eye look.
She used pink, orange, yellow, and a light brown transition shade.
She used a few products I've been wanting to try for a while.
The foundation is Make Up Forever HD Foundation which made my skin look flawless.
I have some acne scars, but for the most part my skin has behaved itself for the past several weeks.
The foundation wasn't cakey at all and I will definitely be purchasing it.
She also used Benefit's Hoola Bronzer which I'd been eyeing for a while.
I'm hesitant with bronzers because I'm so pale.
I don't want to look mudding, orange, or sparkly.
This bronzer was light, yet buildable and looked perfect on my pasty white skin.
The lipstick is Yves Saint Laurent Rouge Volupte Shine in shade 15.


Just look at that gorgeous packaging!
I hadn't tried these lip shines yet, but seriously fell in love.
It smelled great, the coral color complimented my skin perfectly, and it was super smooth going on!
I will definitely be purchase this and thanking God I have a discount! haha

Also during my first week I got some gratis {complimentary products from my boss}, which I'm so grateful for!
It's awesome to be able to try the products so I will be better equipped to sell them to people.
Here are the items I received:

1} Boscia {pronounced BO-sha} BB Cream Light


This Beauty Balm is awesome!
I had tried the original one a few years ago and it was too dark on me.
It's supposed to be a self-adjusting shade to match skin tone, but I am just too pale.
So, I was super stoked when my manager put this in my gratis bag.
The color is great!
The awesome thing about BB Creams is they are an all in one cream, meaning they treat, hydrate, prime, protect, and camouflage the skin.
That means you don't need to apply a serum, moisturizer, primer, sunscreen, and foundation...you get ALL that in one beautiful bottle!
I still set mine with a light dusting of face powder since my skin can get a bit oily in the t-zone.

2} Algenist Genius Cream


Honestly, I don't use a lot of anti-aging products in my daily regiment.
I am 26 so I think my collagen has started breaking down, which means now is a great time to start!
The cool thing about Algenist is that it has patented alguronic acid for its brand, meaning it's the only cream with this ingredient.
The alguronic acid helps with natural skin cell regeneration and elastin support for smoother and more firm skin.
It claims to help restore skin resiliency and elasticity, delivering a firmer, tighter, more toned appearance, minimized fine lines and deep wrinkles, and unveils youthful radiance.
^^Quoted directly off of Sephora.com.
My mom thinks I should give her this product...we'll see. ;)

3} Nars Pro-Prime Light Optimizing Primer


I was so excited to get this product!
Some people don't like primers because they find them pointless.
I happen to love primers.
I notice a huge difference in the way my makeup wears when I have a primer underneath.
This stuff gives my skin a radiant glow and has a SPF, making it perfect for my days off when I'm not wanting to put on makeup.

As you can tell, I'm loving my job {and the perks!} so far.
I've spent a lot of time in the skin section, which is great, but I'm super excited to work in the color section too.
I get a little nervous when people ask for skin recommendations because that is such a touchy and personal subject for a lot of people.
Makeup is much more straight forward and, I think, maybe easier to sell?
We'll see!
I'll keep you updated on things I learn and neat tips and tricks!
And if you want to know more about a specific product, let me know!
I'll test it out for ya and let you know what I think.

Now I'm off to go watch Dancing With the Stars! {Go Meryl & Maks!!!)

XO

1 comment:

  1. LOVE that picture of you!! You look beautiful and I love the 'sunset' eye look - so awesome :D
    Now because of you, I want to try all of these amazing beauty products you keep recommending!! haha
    I'm so glad Lent is going so well, keep it up girl! xoxo

    ReplyDelete