Wednesday, June 24, 2015

My First Stitch Fix

Hello again, blog world!
Life has been going a million miles a minute lately.
Can you believe it's already half way through the year?
Crazy how some days and weeks can seem to last forever and then you turn around and it's a new month.
I needed to switch up some things in my life recently, clothes being one of them.
I work inside a mall so the last thing I want to do is shop.
Rarely do I buy new clothes unless I happen to walk by something I can't live without or am in desperate need for some jeans.
Living in Alaska, I always feel like my options are limited or that everyone else will be wearing the same things.
After my sister-in-law mentioned she got Stitch Fix and was really happy with it, I decided to give it a try.
For those of you who don't know what Stitch Fix is, it's a monthly $20 subscription where you get a box of 5 items a month {or whenever you set it up to be delivered}.
Start by filling out your style preferences, size, colors...all that good stuff, and a stylist will pull items for you.
It's really cool!
You can choose to keep as many or none of the items and the $20 dollars goes towards your purchase.
If you decide to keep the entire box, 25% is taken off of your whole box!
Don't worry too much about prices because you get to specify how much you're willing to spend on certain items.
I was very specific about my style and what I wanted, while giving my personal stylist leeway to break me out of my shell.
I made a board on Pinterest explaining my style and my stylist nailed it!
Here is my first box and I kept everything!
P.S. they don't look as good hanging on the hanger, but I'm too lazy to put them all on and set up a tripod to take selfies.
 'Market & Spruce' Alan French Terry Asymmetrical Zip Cardigan
I love this sweater!
I don't anything like it, but I love wearing sweaters.
Come Fall/Winter I will probably wear this often with skinny jeans and boots.

'Market & Spruce' Chaplin Hooded Anorak Cargo Jacket
I had pinned a green jacket similar to this a few times on Pinterest.
I guess my stylist got the hint.
This jacket is even cuter than the original one I wanted.
I love the hood, the drawstring and button details, and the peachy/orange zipper adds a touch of playfulness.

'41Hawthorne' Tameron Button Down Blouse
I have a thing for long, flow tops.
This is simple, but can go with a lot of different outfits and is comfy.

'Skies are Blue' Avena Sleeveless Split Neck Tank
At first, I wasn't sure how I felt about this top.
Plaid isn't usually my thing, but then I kind of felt like it would be perfect for 4th of July or just a more casual look.
I didn't love it, but since I was keeping everything else is made sense to get the 25% off and keep this as well.

'Just Black' Jimmy Ankle Length Skinny Jean
I wasn't sure about these since I already have a pair of skinnies I really love.
But the color and fit was different than the ones I have.
And they made my butt look pretty dang good!

Another cool feature about Stich Fix is that they send suggestions about how to wear the pieces dressed up or down.
Overall, I'm just really satisfied and can't wait for my next Fix!!
If you want to sign up, click here!

No comments:

Post a Comment