Thursday, January 26, 2012

Awkward and Awesome Thursday!

It has been a long day, friends, so I am going to keep this short and sweet and to the point.
Plus I only have 7 minutes till it's not Thursday anymore.

Awkward:
- Counting calories and being so excited at the end of the day because I have enough calories left over that I can eat Mac & Cheese at midnight...which sort of defeats the whole purpose.
- I'm starting to get realllly nervous about running my first 1/2 marathon!  Thoughts like, "Can I even run 5 miles" and "I'm the girl who, in high school, would run until I was out of sight of my cross country coach and then walk" keep creeping into my mind.  I refuse to let them get the best of me.  I am stronger now than I was 3 months ago.  I am motivated and excited and proud of myself just for trying.

Awesome:
- Karaoke Night!


Danielle, me and Megan!
I know it was just karaoke {at Applebee's...keepin' it classy} but I really feel like I rocked the house ;)
I have no clue why I am so pale in this picture.
I refuse to believe I am that pale in real life.
Megan said I look like Rosalee from Twilight...I will take it as a compliment.

Sorry I'm lame tonight and I refuse to give more effort to this post.
I. am. tired!
Happy weekend!

XOXO

3 comments:

  1. You will do great in your first half-marathon! I cheated all the time in high school too, haha... when I had to run my first 7 mile run for training I was terrified! I was like "I HATED THESE DAYS IN HIGH SCHOOL!" If you find a plan that slowly increases your long runs (by 1 mile a week or 1 mile every two weeks) it won't seem so daunting. You can do it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey :) im shalies roommate annnd i blog so she told me to check you out!! haha small world but i was just stoppin by and now you've got a new follower!!
    -erin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hehe. I've always wanted to do a karaoke night! Fun!

    ReplyDelete