Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Awkward...&More Awkward...

I know it isn't Awkward&Awesome Thursday...but this post isn't about awesomeness.
It's just about awkwardness!
An art that I, and some of my very dear friends, *cough*DANIELLE*cough*, have mastered!
You should hear some of the things that come out of our mouths...
Or actually, be thankful you don't have to.
You know what I mean.
You're talking to someone, you say something just randomly as a joke or not thinking it's a big deal, and their reaction is possibly, "Um...what?" or "WOW.  Where did that come from...?"
Oh those awkward dots...
I really love them though...
Ok, so anyways, how do you even back your way out of a sitch like that?
Sometimes you just have to stick to your original statement or risk looking more lame by changing your stance on an issue.
Or, if you're like me, you get all giggly and say, "hahahaha I'm just kidding...it was a joke...hahahaha".
Which, seriously, is 1) Annoying and 2) Doesn't make anything less awkward.
But laughing has always been my coping mechanism.
I'm like Claire from Modern Family when she is telling her son that his old friend passed away and she can't stop smiling like a maniac.
I think laughter just breaks some of the tension for me.
My other favorite way of getting out of an uncomfortable situation:


You just have to be confident in who you are and not care what others think.
Easier said than done, but that's the goal.
I think Dr. Seuss said it best with, "Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."
If you haven't figured by now, I normally write things that happen in my life that the average person can relate to.
So, hopefully you all can relate to awkwardness on some level.
I always say I love awkward moments as long as I'm not involved, so let me hear some of your favorite awkward moments! :)
Off to spin class I die go!

XOXO

1 comment:

  1. Oh gosh! I legit am the queen of awkardness!!! Open mouth and insert foot is what I do all the time! Glad you do it with me! haha

    ReplyDelete