Thursday, March 13, 2014

Gym Stereotypes

I've been going to different gyms for years now, so I've come across many types of gym people.
Whether it's gym etiquette or just common sense, I have seen it all.
Here are the stereotypes I encounter at the gym:

1. Guys that stare.


I don't mind the occasional glance every now and then.
There's a trainer at my gym that definitely catches my eye.
But to stop and stare at a girl lifting weights...
Don't you have something better to do, like um, work out?

2. The runner on the cell phone.


The other day this girl had a 30 minute conversation on the treadmill next to me.
For the first 2 minutes I thought she was talking to me.
I'm glad I had my headphones in, but still, everyone hates you, girl.
Maybe I'm just jealous that I don't have the stamina to run and carry on a conversation simultaneously.

3. The girl who gets waaay too dolled up for the gym.


No, just no!
This is what will happen if you actually work out with makeup on...


Not pretty.

4. People who wear ridiculous outfits to work out.


I will admit, this is more amusing than annoying.
In the past 2 weeks I saw jeans guy, polo shirt guy, skirt girl, and dress pants guy at the gym.
That cannot be comfortable!

5. The guy who smells really bad.


A few weeks ago this guy got on the machine right next to me and I gagged so hard.
I seriously had to move treadmills it was so bad.
I know it's a gym, but come on!
Have you never heard of deodorant?

These are just some silly things I've noticed.
In no way does your gym wardrobe or barbie like makeup impact my workout.
Well, it might make me laugh which is a good distraction.

What are some gym stereotypes you've come across?

XO

No comments:

Post a Comment