Monday, June 9, 2014

Monday Musings

It's been a while since I did a Monday Musings.
Basically it's a jumble of randomness, so pretty much the same as all my posts.
I really want to log more about my weight loss, as far as exercise and nutrition, because I've had some questions about it.
So hopefully I will get on that soon!
Until then, I leave you with these thoughts...

What I'm Listening To: Dierks Bentley's Riser Album


Seriously, his entire album is amazing.
He is probably my favorite right now.
Even amazingly attractive, successful country stars have heartache too.
Who knew? ;)

What I'm Reading: The Fault in Our Stars by John Green


Yes, I know I'm way late to the party on this one.
I'm still finishing up Gone Girl and the list of books I have on my Kindle is semi-embarrassing
I've always kind of jumped around when it comes to books.
Read a few chapters then read another book, then back to the first.
Unless I'm instantly hooked on a book and I read it in 2 days {ahem, Twilight...}.
So far, the list looks something like this:

The Single Woman by Mandy Hale: I can relate so much to her, it's scary. Fun fact, she isn't single anymore.
Where'd You Go, Bernadette by Maria Semple: I heard so many amazing things about this book. I can't wait to read it.
Divergent by Veronica Roth: Yes, I still haven't started it...
The Best of Me by Nicholas Sparks: I have been half way through this book for months now. It's a great story though and it'll probably be the book I finish next.
I have 3 books by Shauna Niequist waiting for me - Bittersweet, Cold Tangerines, and Bread & Wine. I truly love her writing. There's something calming and inspiring about it. Which is probably why I bought all 3 books and haven't read them yet...haha Oops! 

What I'm Watching: Orange is the New Black Season 2
I guess you could say I've been binge watching this.
The show has been out 3 days and I'm already on episode 10.
I love it!

What I'm Eating: Baked Chicken & Black Bean Tacos from Simply Taralynn


I've made these before and I plan on making them this week.
They are sooo delicious.
I am addicted to Mexican food and these were amazing.
They come out crunchy and full of flavor.
Even my dad, who normally sticks his nose up at modified recipes to make them healthier, liked them.
I love Taralynn's blog, and anyone looking for inspiration for health and weight loss should definitely check her out!

What I'm Wearing: Honestly, my fashion has been kind of boring lately.
I wear my Sephora uniform and workout clothes a lot because that's what I've been doing with my time.
Now that I'm losing weight, I need to find some cute clothes that fit well.
Here are some Pinterest outfits I'm loving for summer {keep in mind, Alaska summers can still be chilly}:




I've always loved the mix of structured and flowly.
Skinny jeans with a ruffly top and blazer over a baggy tee.
Just enough to make an outfit look put together without being dressy.

I hope you all have a great day.
Happy Monday!

XO Linds

No comments:

Post a Comment