Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Try

I'm sure a lot of you have already seen this video by Colbie Cailat.


Most women, I imagine, can relate to the message in the song.
I see this often, especially working in the beauty industry.
Women come in asking for makeup to cover things they don't like about themselves.
While I do love makeup and I'm thankful for products that can enhance beauty, I am also aware of how impossible it is to get everyone to like you based on your appearance.
I am guilty of changing myself to impress a guy or friends.
One boy mentioned he loved girls with dark hair, so I dyed my hair brown.
This other guy I spent a lot of time with always commented on girls imperfections which made me feel bad about myself and I fluctuated with my weight a lot.
I was trying to change the way I was to fit someone else's idea of who I should be.
I realized pretty quickly that this was impossible.
Everyone likes different things.
If you try to change who you are based on others, you might miss out on other opportunities.
I really love that Colbie put this video out to promote inner beauty and feeling good about yourself.
I hope you love it too!

XO Linds

No comments:

Post a Comment