Friday, October 3, 2014

Oh Happy Day!

Today was tough, but I was determined to find happiness.
I desperately needed new running shoes after obliterating mine from hiking the past few days.
They are covered in mud.
They're also almost 1 1/2 years old and I put a lot of miles into those shoes.
I love Brooks so I decided to stick with them...

I was torn at first because the shop down the street had these shoes in a really pretty coral/pink ombre color, but they were a little more expensive.
I went home and decided since my last pair of shoes were super bright pink I would go for purple/blue ones.
Plus, it kind of reminds me of a mermaid...so that got me excited too! haha
They should be here in about a week and since it's supposed to snow soon {EEEK!} they will stay nice and pretty longer from just being used at the gym.

The reason today was so tough was because it's been officially a week since my last boy debacle.
I can be really hard on myself after relationships end, even if I know the guy is just a jerk.
I obsess over every text, conversation, meetup...what I did wrong, what I could have done instead.
I know, it's not healthy and I'm working on it!
The truth is, the right guy won't make me wonder if I did something wrong.
I have a lot of emotions to process right now.
I'm the type of person who associates my emotions through music.
I've been listening to a lot of Sara Bareilles lately.
Her songs are heart wrenching, honest, gutsy...
Girl just gets it!
She is so, so talented and seems really fun!
How could you not love her?!
*Warning* Curse words galore in this next song.
The first time I heard this song I was listening to Sara Bareilles station at work through my headphones.
At first, it seemed so cute and fun...then she just started to dropping f-bombs and I laughed so hard.
But isn't that song so true?!

Anyway, I have to be at work bright and early tomorrow and have a fun Saturday night planned, so this girl needs her beauty sleep!
Night loves!

XO

2 comments:

  1. Those shoes are magical! *.* They literally look like they were made by a unicorn! :D

    Awwww, don't stress over boys. New and better people always show up soon in the future. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I literally was going to use a unicorn analogy for my shoes, but decided the mermaid one was far enough. haha I'm glad you thought of that too, though!

      I've learned that I can move on very quickly from a jerk...especially when there are so many other great guys out there {somewhere...haha} thanks girl!

      Delete