Sunday, January 17, 2016

Celebrating 28 and Post Holiday Goals

This past holiday season was filled with amazing memories.
It was my first Christmas at Apple, which was mostly filled with cheery people...mostly.
Getting to celebrate my birthday with my boyfriend.



And filled with plenty of treats.
In fact, there was so many treats that I packed on a few too many pounds.
It got so bad that I made 4 goals at the start of the new year {not resolutions, because who actually keeps those, right?}.
These 4 goals are as follows:
1) Eat breakfast/drink coffee at home instead of grabbing Starbucks every morning. Saving me lots of money and lots of calories.
2) Pack my lunch at home to bring with me to work. Again, not eating at the mall saves me lots of money and lots of calories.
3) Stop buying junk out of the vending machine. See 1&2 for reasoning.
4) Using the stairs at work instead of the elevator. I've been having a hard time getting to the gym lately and jogging up the stairs gets my heart rate up just a tiny bit.

I'm hoping these 4 changes make a big impact on my health and my wallet.
Like I said, I haven't been going to the gym like I used to.
Maybe it's how dark and cold it is up here.
Maybe I'm just lazy.
Either way, my body isn't happy about it.
You know when you just can't find the motivation?
That's where I'm at.
I'm hoping as these goals take effect, I'll be more intentional with getting workouts in.
Until then, I'll just watch YouTube videos about working out.
Buff Bunny is one of my favorite channels.
She's a fellow Alaskan and she is amazing.
Check her out!

What motivates you to work out?

Who's your favorite YouTuber?

I hope your 2016 started off and continues to be great!

XO

No comments:

Post a Comment