Tuesday, February 28, 2017

New Makeup and Skincare

Today I thought it would be fun to share some of my newest products.
Some were given to me for working at Sephora and some are purchases.
I know, I know...one of my goals for the year was to not spend money on makeup, but most of these were given to me and out of the purchases, only 1 was made this year.
I'm working on it!
Let's jump in!

Drunk Elephant
Virgin Marula Luxury Facial Oil, T.L.C. Sukari Babyfacial, Lala Retro Whipped Cream.
Also, can we talk about how much of that salt water taffy has already been eaten...?
So far, I have only tried the Lala Retro Whipped Cream and it's awesome.
I use it at night because I am oily during the day, but living in Alaska sucks all the moisture out of my skin at the same time.
I was planning on buying the Babyfacial anyway, so I'm really excited to try it out.

I love this palette because I am very much a neutral eye shadow wearer.
But also the smell!
It smells sooo good and the shadow is really smooth and blend well.


Caudalie
Micellar Cleansing Water, Instant Foaming Cleanser, and Beauty Elixir.
I think it's so awesome Sephora gives full size products in gratis.
The first time I used the Micellar Cleansing Water I was underwhelmed; however, I didn't exactly use it correctly.
I put the products in my hands and worked into my face and then washed it off.
This did not get rid of any makeup, obviously
The directions say to use with a cotton pad and do not rinse.
I am going to try it again and see how it goes.
I already know I love the Beauty Elixir.

Ole Henriksen
I've always loved Ole Henriksen and they recently updated their packaging to look as sleek and professional as they are!
I don't have sensitive skin, which this moisturizer is meant for, but I love the smell and you can never have too many moisturizers!

Becca
Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector Pressed-Prismatic Amethyst {really with how long that name is?!}
This was the one makeup purchase I have made this year, and I'm glad I did!
I'll have to take a picture of it on my cheeks.
The color is called lavender duo-chrome even though the color is mostly pinky-white, I can see some lavender in it as well.
Plus, it was limited edition...that's how I talked myself into it.

Sunday Riley
Luna, U.F.O., and Juno.
I actually bought Luca and Juno several months ago and received U.F.O. in gratis.
Luna sleeping oil is great for anti-aging.
U.F.O. helps clear up my breakouts quickly.
It can be a bit drying so I only use it on my problem areas.
I haven't used Juno consistently enough to see results, but my friend said here uneven complexion was evened out easily using it.

Ouai
Dry Shampoo Foam.
I have bene using Ouai shampoo and conditioner for a few months now and I'm really liking it.
When I saw this products I was super intrigued, but noticed a lot of bad reviews about it.
I've only used it once and my first thought was it gives my flat, fine hair a bit of volume, which was nice.
My hair gets really greasy when I don't wash it {I try going 2 days in a row without washing it, so I'm not washing it everyday}.
I will have to try it a few more times before giving it a rave review because it still got a bit greasy, but maybe not as bad.
I'll keep you informed!

Little Barn Apothecary
Geranium & White Tea Beauty Mist and Lavender + Frankincense Face Oil.
There's an adorable boutique next to the mall where I work called Circular Boutique.
I went in there to get some Christmas gift ideas and found a wall full of Little Barn Apothecary.
I bought all the women in my life a something from this brand.
It seriously will not break your bank either.
A body oil, jasmine + rose bath salts, coconut + pear refreshing body mist...I was immediately in love.
I snagged these two items for myself.
I have been using the lavender + frankincense mostly on my body and some scars.
It's awesome and sinks into my skin, keeping it grease free.
And the beauty mist smells so good.
I am going to go back and buy some of the other products when I run out of more products. ;)

That completes my beauty roundup.
Let me know if you try any of these and what you've been loving lately too!

xo Lindsey

No comments:

Post a Comment