Monday, January 15, 2018

California Dreamin'

I started out 2018 going on my first vacation to California with my boyfriend.
We had so much fun!
It was his first time visiting Los Angeles and the Oxnard area.
My cousin lives there and it was so great to see her, even if it rained the whole time we were at the beach.
It was about 50ยบ warmer in LA than it was in Anchorage, so I was happy, regardless of the rain.
We started the trip off by relaxing the evening we flew in since we were on the red eye.
We spent the rest of the week eating and exploring!
Since we were staying a little bit outside of LA, most of the restaurants we went to were found on Yelp.
I wasn't super interested in going to the trendy, expensive places for the most part, but I wanted to go somewhere nicer and equally delicious for a special dinner.
A Food Affair was amazing!
It is an adorable modern French restaurant and the food was great.

A late birthday dinner at A Food Affair
The BEST ribeye I have ever had!
The next evening we went to The Comedy Store and saw an amazing lineup!
Tom Segura, Pete Holmes, Bryan Callen, Harland Williams {Rocketman anyone?!} and surprise guest Pauly Shore!
It was such a fun night.

The next day was Disneyland!
It was Hunter's first time there and we will definitely be back!
Splash Mountain was closed for renovation and Indiana Jones kept shutting down for mechanical problems; two rides that are MUSTS!
I also didn't get a churro, nor did we see the fireworks, so I told him our next trip will be 3 days at Disney complete with Mickey&Minnie ears...not sure he's gonna go for that! haha
I was really cool to see the park decorated for Christmas though!

I love this picture! I managed to get the statue and castle in the background of our selfie.
The next day we went to the Petersen Automotive Museum {something Hunter really wanted to do} and then to a hockey game at the Staples Center!
I'm a King's fan and even though they lost to the Predators, it was such a good game!
I searched the entire Staples Center to find a hat for the game.
Apparently everyone else had the same plan, but I found one!
The next few days were spent in Oxnard with my cousin.
I can't believe we didn't get any pictures together!
I did get a picture of my first lobster roll though...delicious!



Yes, we spent the majority of our trip eating and relaxing...OH! And shopping at Trader Joes since Alaska doesn't have one!! :'(
I'm already excited about our next trip there so we can go to the places we didn't get to go to this time.

Where would you recommend we go on our next trip?!
What's your favorite trip you've been on?

No comments:

Post a Comment