Wednesday, January 17, 2018

New Year, Same Me, New Goals

It's that time of year!
Everyone coming up with resolutions and goals.
Yes, I'd like to lose some weight and drink more water and maybe finally have the confidence to wear that wide brimmed hat with a feather in it that I bought 2 years ago...
But instead, I've made some super realistic goals that, hopefully, inspire you to come up with your own!

Goal #1: Switch Makeup/Skincare to Natural Products-
This is something that I know will take a long time, especially since I still work part time at Sephora and have no say over the free products I receive.
I haven't been wearing much makeup lately anyway, but when I read the ingredients list on a lot of the non-natural, non-organic makeup/skincare, it has a lot of stuff I definitely do not want to put on my skin.
As I run out of products, I plan on replacing them with more natural ones.
I'm most excited to try BeautyCounter and Juice Beauty.
Bonus: a lot of natural brands used recycled packaging -- perhaps a lot of beauty brands do, but this was a theme I noticed while researching natural makeup.
What are your favorite natural makeup/skincare brands?!

Goal #2: Read More-
Since I'm taking online grad classes, most of my reading goes towards that.
My classes are 8 weeks though so when I have a break, like right now, I have a couple months to do something else.
Currently, I'm using that time to finish watching Lost for the first time, but I have several books on my Kindle waiting for me to read them.
I want to read 'A Wrinkle In Time' before the movie comes out!
What books do you recommend?

Goal #3: Simplify, Declutter, and Reuse-
I'm trying to simplify and declutter what I already have, while being more mindful of what I buy, and where I buy it, in the future.
I've been using the app Poshmark to get rid of clothing, jewelry, shoes, and purses that I no longer wear.
Anything that doesn't get sold, I will eventually donate to a local shelter.
When I need to purchase something new, buying second hand clothing helps bring down demand for manufacturing and prevents clothing from rotting away in landfills.
It also puts money into local business instead of huge corporations.
I'm not saying I will never participate in another Nordstrom sale {as if!} but it never hurts to browse around a local consignment shop first.
Some other ideas to spend less and declutter are:
-Refinishing used furniture
-Have a clothing swap party with friends
-Get rid of clothing items you haven't worn in the last year

These are just a few small things I'd like to implement in 2018 and for the rest of my life.
Here's to a great year!
What are your 2018 resolutions?

No comments:

Post a Comment